We work with both Retail laundries such as laundromats, dry cleaners and laundry on demand services; and, industrial laundries like on premises laundries or independent laundries that service other companies.
Here’s a quick guide to getting started with your own Commercial Laundry.
What plumbing is required in a commercial laundry?
- Gas, water and drainage piping
- Exhaust piping for dryers
- Trade Waste (cooling pits)
- Hot Water System
- Storage Cold Water
- Hand Basin
- Cleaners Sink
What is the service schedule for a commercial laundry?
The only servicing we’ve done in the past 5 or so years for our commercial laundry clients is repairing or replacing pumps when they stop working and removing lint build up in dryer exhausts.
There may be servicing on the actual machines, but generally the manufacturer will sort that. Refer to your appliance manufacturer for servicing specifications (we don’t service or repair laundry appliances – the manufacturer can place you on a preventative maintenance program).
If you’re planning on opening a laundromat, you need to think about the following
- Relevant permits (council and water authority)
- Gas supply and application
- Efficient use of space
- Existing plumbing set up versus what you are proposing – differences or changes to the plumbing configuration will add costs to the setup.
Maintaining your commercial laundry
Set up a preventative maintenance program with your appliance supplier.
What we can help with
- Annual backflow testing if you have a valve (will depend if you are a stand alone shop)
- Cleaning lint build up in flues where applicable
- Pump repairs/replacement
For bookings and enquiries, call now 03 9311 9511.
Find out more info
About working with Sunshine Plumbing
- Read our frequently asked questions that explains our hours, qualifications, business hours and after hours, payment methods,
- We try our best to provide excellent communication with our customers, find out more about how we communicate and what you can expect from our plumbers.
- Making decisions about safety
- A bit of info about our family owned and operated business.